Reading While Knitting

Nothing complicated; nothing too exciting, but yes, I do knit while I read. As well as during many other domestic activities.

Friday, January 28, 2011

I'd have worn them if they were done

Homeschoolers get to chaperone almost every field trip. This is big fun. Today was a marine preserve for tidepooling! Hooray!!

For a woman with, let's say, issues, about the coastline here, it was a pretty low-key day, safety-wise. This despite the official notices:



We saw many critters:



Who knew hermit crabs went in for the Southwestern jewelery look?



These lovely anemones get their green from algae which continues to photosynthesize inside of them.


Color inspiration was everywhere. Do you think the hermit crabs evaluate their potential houses on aesthetic grounds?


Mossy chitin.

After all of our research, and identifying creatures, and talking about tidal zones and why the rocks on the way to the coast were tipped to the side (hint: we're on a tidal plate), the real learning might have been social. How long can you play "Let's lasso each other" before someone gets hurt?




It was a bit chilly, though. If I had finished the mittens today, instead of just taking them along for a ride in the car, I might have worn them. Think I'll finish before the month is up? Yeah, I wonder too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Online Colleges